While some industries have fewer job opportunities, technology seems to have the opposite problem: more jobs than good people to fill them. That’s excellent news for those entering or moving up in this field.
It’s not just Silicon Valley that has abundant job openings; those willing to move from South Florida to Austin will also find career opportunities with several major technology companies. Such is the tech industry’s saturation in Austin that the area has been dubbed Silicon Hills.
Some of the companies that do business or have offices in Austin include:
- Adobe: This software company’s headquarters are in San Jose, but they have a large office in Austin. They have developed some of the industry’s most used software, including Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Dell: With employees all over the world, Dell develops and supports computers and related products. As one of the biggest personal computer companies on the globe, they employ 165,000 people, and job seekers will find opportunities at their Austin or nearby Round Rock offices.
- IBM: More than 350,000 employees serve clients in 170 countries. In addition to the hardware and software they produce, IBM also offers consulting services, hosting, and more. Their research and development is unmatched, and they’ve held the record for most U.S. patents for 27 years in a row.
- Tesla: Many with tech backgrounds would love the chance to work for the leader in the EV and clean energy field. Founded in 2003, the company’s goal is to further sustainable energy and transport via solar power and ever-improving EVs.
- Apple: There is a good chance you carry the fruits of this Big 5 tech company around in your pocket every day. Even if you don’t have an iPhone, you’ve more than likely used some of the technology Apple has produced, such as iPads, iPods, Apple TV, or iTunes.
- Oracle: Oracle is the second-largest software company and has developed a host of tools used by individuals and businesses around the world. The company’s headquarters was in California until December 2020, when they moved to Austin.
- Zygna: This American company was founded in April of 2007 and creates games for social and mobile platforms. Some of their most popular offerings include Zynga Poker, Words with Friends, and Farmville.
Move to Austin - Or Its Suburbs
Austin is an amazing place to live. In fact, it lands on many “best places to live” lists. If you think city life isn’t for you but still want to apply for a tech job in Austin, you’ll find many suburbs that offer an easy commute.
Suburbs that offer a decent drive time to Austin include Round Rock (23 minutes), Cedar Park (23 minutes), Georgetown (31 minutes), San Marcos (36 minutes), and Pflugerville (24 minutes).
Ready to Make Your Move?
Once you land that dream job, you’ll need a reliable moving company to help you with your move to Austin. Bekins of South Florida is the smart choice! As a Bekins Van Lines agent, we have access to top moving professionals from coast to coast.
Our movers provide comprehensive services, including full-service packing, custom crating, short-term storage, and more. We’ll take care of all the moving-day details, so you can focus on learning about your new job and new city.
Contact Bekins of South Florida today to learn more about our West Palm to Austin moving, Fort Lauderdale to Austin moving or Miami to Austin moving services; and schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Subscribe to Bekins Of South Florida's Blog